Sunday, October 29, 2006

Monday Madness

1. From bev:
Small town or big city?

We live in a medium size town, about 50,000 people.

2. From turtlemoonwave:
Do you have a favorite childhood memory, and if so, would you share it?

My favorite childhood memory is going every summer to spend a week at my grandmother's house. She lived in Chicago and it was always so exciting to be in the city. She also treated us great - fresh baked cookies, spoiling us rotten - all the typical grandma stuff! :-)

3. From cat:
How do you calm down when something has really upset and/or angered you? Do you swallow it? Call a friend and rant? Go in the bathroom and cry? Punch a wall? Walk around muttering to yourself, complete with scary hand gestures?

It depends on the situation. Once again referring to my kids, if they do something that makes me really angry [which of course they never do ;-)] I usually leave the room, try to take some deep breaths to calm down and figure out how I'm going to handle it. Occasionally I call someone to talk about it; walk around muttering to yourself, complete with scary hand gestures; or have a good cry.

4. From dna princess:
What attratcs you to memes?'

It's fun to get to know other people from a lot of different places. It's like making new friends.

5. From mads:
How reliant are you on computers to get through your day?

Very, especially since my entire business is based on computers and e-mail is how I communicate with many people.

6. From tizzie:
In a crisis, are you calm or do you panic?

I'm usually the calm one who keeps everybody else under control.

Have a great week everyone and be sure to check out our last 2 posts, 1 with a yummy recipe and 1 about the launch of our new site. Thanks for your support!

Karen
www.findmorefacts.com
www.wowekidsmag.com

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Karen. I have fond memories of my grandma too. Whenever we visited her in the province, she would ask someone to catch fresh shrimps and crabs for me because she knows I love them. She's gone now but the good memories live on.

Rach

Anonymous said...

Grandmothers do love to spoil their grandchildren. :)

Memes are a great way to get to know new people - it's one of the things I enjoy about them.

Happy Monday and have a good week! :)

Jane said...

Isn't it great to have grandmothers that spoiled us? My paternal grandmother always had coca-colas in the fridge and tea cakes in the cookie jar when I arrived. Wonderful!
My madness is up, come on by.

Tammy said...

Hi Karen! I too have very fond memories of my grandma.. they are the best! I hope you have a wonderful week!

Anonymous said...

I have great memories of my granny...I miss her dearly...she passed away about 5 years ago. :(