Wednesday, May 30, 2007

My Fitness Pal – An Easy Way to Manage Your Fitness & Weight Loss Goals

Sponsored Review

I recently joined a site to help me with my calorie counting because as much as I like to cook, I still need to monitor those calories ;-) My Fitness Pal offers a free calorie counter as a way to calculate the calories you have already consumed or to calculate the calories of foods before you eat them so that you can manage portions. They also have a free fitness monitor where you can input all of the activities of your day to calculate calories burned. It shows your totals of caloric intake, calories burned, and remaining calories for the day.


Another great feature as part of the calorie counter is the large database of foods they have on the site and you can input portion sizes in various formats such as weight, piece, etc. They also provide basic nutrition information for that food item. Here is an example of the information you get:




Plaudits:

  • The site is free.
  • Very interactive and intuitive site. It actually learns about you the more you use it.
  • Site is fairly easy to navigate.
  • Loads of useful information.
  • A great aid to manage not only a weight loss diet, but also as a way to manage good nutrition. This is something you won't get from a standard "diet" website. I really like this aspect of the site and will use it often.

Tweaks:
  • Some areas, like in the database of foods, you can't read the entire line of text. This makes choosing you selection a bit more difficult.
  • The forum is a bit outdated.

Overall Opinion:

There is a lot of great information to be had on this site and it is all for free! I'm not sure how they do it but I hope they keep it going! This is a site that I will be returning to on a regular basis not only to aid in a bit of weight loss, but even when I just want nutritional information on specific foods. I also really like the feature of calculating the calories burned with any daily activity, not just standard exercises. Overall, I think this is a great site that can help anyone manage their diet and fitness needs.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mild Yoga is a slow exercise of postures sequenced within an intuitive manner with focus on alignment details, healthy changes between postures, and the incorporation of breath and interest. Each class strives to keep an even ratio of versatility, strength, and balance poses. Johnny Wat